Includes the Canadian Olympic Team logo in colour!
The Royal Canadian Mint has issued a Lucky Loonie since 2004, coinciding with each Olympic and Paralympic Games to enable Canadians to remember, support and celebrate past and future Canadian Olympic Team accomplishments.
The Mint is proud to issue this specially designed Lucky Loonie to celebrate a Canadian Olympic Team story, and to wish all of our Canadian athletes the very best of luck as they compete in London this summer.
• Whether you’re new to collecting Lucky Loonies, you will not want to miss out on this one!
• A perfect gift for friend or family who needs luck at their next sporting event.
• Includes a red Canadian Olympic Team logo painted using a selective colouring technique.
• Fine silver (99.99% pure) coin.
• Celebrates 25 years of Canada’s iconic Loonie.
• GST/HST exempt.
• Limited mintage of 20,000 coins worldwide.
Designed by Canadian artist Emily S. Damstra, your coin depicts a common loon spreading its wings in a territorial display, one of the species’ most elegant and recognizable poses. Your coin also features a red painted Canadian Olympic Team logo to celebrate and support Canada’s athletes as they prepare for the Games in London.
• Coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a customized sleeve to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Loonie.
Wish our Canadian Olympic and Paralympic athletes luck in London! Buy now before they’re all gone!
Composition: 99.99% fine silver
Weight (g): 7.89
Diameter (mm): 26.5
Face value: 1 dollar
Artist: Emily S. Damstra (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)