The fifth coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting new 2014 O Canada series focusing on iconic Canadian images takes pause to celebrate one of the joys of a Canadian childhood.
Item Number: 129084
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 15.87
Diameter (mm): 34
Face Value: $10
Finish: Matte Proof
Artist: Claudio D'Angelo
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
Finished size: 67 mm x 67 mm
- The fifth coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 2014 O Canada series featuring iconic images celebrating all that makes Canada unique showcases the majestic maple tree.
- Masterfully crafted by Royal Canadian Mint engravers using a variety of engraving techniques and finishes to bring depth and texture to the artist’s rich original depiction of an iconic Canadian childhood experience.
- A limited mintage of 40,000 coins means that this piece is sure to be sought after by collectors.
- Own a piece of the Canadian experience, painstakingly captured in a half-ounce of 99.99% pure silver.
- An excellent addition to any commemorative, nature-focused, maple leaf-themed or Canadiana-themed collection.
- A beautiful gift or collectible for those who love coins that capture precious moments, the maple leaf image, the outdoors, natural images, original artwork and Canadian themes.
This $10 coin is 99.99% pure silver, with a diameter of 34 millimetres and a metal weight of 15.87 grams. The evocative reverse design by Canadian artist Claudio D’Angelo depicts a young girl on a tree swing in a grand old maple tree. In the lower left segment of the image, a young girl with pigtails holds merrily onto the two ropes holding her board swing, smiling gaily down at the viewer, who sees the scene from the point of view of someone looking up from below. The swing’s ropes are tied to a thick, sturdy bough, leading the view upwards through the dense canopy of the iconic sugar maple. The scene is framed on the lower right side of the image by a group of maple leaves rooted close to the ground. The reverse is engraved with the word “CANADA,” the date “2014” and the face value of “10 DOLLARS.” The outer frame of the image also features two stylized sugar maple leaves. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.