The fourth 1 ounce pure silver coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting new 2014 O Canada series focusing on iconic Canadian images celebrates the rich heritage of ranching and the cowboy lifestyle in western Canada
Item Number: 129439
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $25
Artist: Bernie Brown
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
- Masterfully crafted by Royal Canadian Mint engravers using a variety of engraving techniques and finishes to bring depth and texture to the artist’s original depiction of an iconic Western Canadian moment.
- A very limited mintage of only 8,500 coins means that this piece is sure to be sought after by collectors.
- Own a piece of Canada’s natural beauty, vividly captured in one ounce of 99.99% pure silver.
- An excellent addition to any nature-focused, cowboy-themed, or Canadiana collection.
- A beautiful gift or collectible for those who love Canada’s natural beauty, western and cowboy themes, the outdoors, natural images, original artwork, and Canadian themes.
The arresting reverse design by Canadian artist Bernie Brown presents a Canadian cowboy on horseback, leading a second horse through the Canadian Rockies. In the central foreground of the image, a cowboy on horseback, fully outfitted in cowboy hat, shirt, and breeches, sits in the saddle on his mount as he holds in his right hand the reins of a second horse that is fully loaded for a back-country packing adventure. The cowboy and his horses stand on top of a rocky outcropping, flanked on either side by conifers. Just behind and below them in a low valley is a wide river. In the middle distance is the opposite shoreline of low foothills covered in pines. Beyond the far shore, rising high into the sky, are the jagged snowy peaks of the Canadian Rockies.