2014 $25 FINE SILVER COIN O CANADA - THE ARCTIC FOX AND THE NORTHERN LIGHTS
The fifth and final 1 ounce pure silver coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 2014 O Canada series focusing on iconic Canadian images celebrates the Northern Lights, a natural phenomenon as awe-inspiring as the Canadian wilderness itself.
Item Number: 129101
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $25
Artist: Julius Csotonyi
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
- Masterfully crafted by Royal Canadian Mint engravers using a variety of engraving techniques and finishes to bring this stunning Arctic image to life.
- A limited mintage of only 8,500 coins means that this piece is sure to be sought after by collectors.
- Own a piece of Canada’s North, beautifully captured in one ounce of 99.99% pure silver.
- An excellent addition to any nature-focused, Northern, or Canadiana collection.
- A beautiful gift or collectible for those who love Canada’s North, Inuit and First Nations heritage, historical images, nature, original artwork, and Canadian themes.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Julius T. Csotonyi features an evocative image of an Arctic fox on its journey across the frozen tundra. As the fox leaps from the left side of the image toward a rocky, snow-dusted shore across a narrow expanse of water, the stunning Northern Lights burst forth in concentric circles across the sky behind it—as though the scene were set directly below the magnetic North Pole. While stylized icy mountains rise in the far distance behind and to the left of the fox, a vast iceberg just from the far right side of the image, providing beautiful balance to the scene. The Northern Lights, fox, and shoreline are reflected in the water, doubling the image’s impact. Royal Canadian Mint engravers have used exceptional technique in engraving and finishing to convey the energy and power of the scene in pure silver.