2014 $5 PURE GOLD COIN - O CANADA - CANADA GOOSE
The third gold coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting new 2014 O Canada series focusing on iconic Canadian images salutes that most Canadian of wildlife symbols, the Canada Goose
Item Number: 129114
Composition: 99.99% pure gold
Weight (g): 3.14
Diameter (mm): 16
Face Value: $5
Artist: Jean Charles Daumus
Packaging: Marron clamshell with custom beauty box
Finished size:67 mm x 67 mm
- The third gold coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s 2014 O Canada series featuring iconic images celebrating all that makes Canada unique showcases the Canada Goose!
- Masterfully crafted by Royal Canadian Mint engravers, struck in premium proof finish to bring depth and texture to this stunning image of Canadian wildlife, and rendered in 99.99% pure gold with limited mintages, these coins are sure to be sought after by serious collectors.
- Own a piece of Canada’s natural beautiful, painstakingly captured in a half-ounce of 99.99% pure gold.
- An excellent addition to any nature-focused or Canadiana collection.
- A beautiful gift or collectible for those who love wildlife, natural images, original artwork, and Canadian themes.
This $5 coin is 99.99% pure gold with a diameter of 16 millimetres and a metal weight of 3.14 grams. The reverse design by Canadian artist Jean-Charles Daumas presents a portrait of a Canada goose in its natural habitat. Viewed in three-quarter profile from its left side, a Canada goose sits comfortably against the background of a forest-lined lake. Its dark head and bill, bright white cheek marking, long black neck, and densely feathered dun body are rendered in exceptional detail by Royal Canadian Mint engravers. Each feather, shadow, and highlight seem to burst with life as the iconic waterfowl looks calmly at the viewer. The reverse is engraved with the word “CANADA,” the date “2014,” and the face value of “5 DOLLARS.” The outer frame of the image also features a miniature stylized Canada goose head. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.