Celebrate the history and artistry of Canadian circulation coinage with this fine silver 5-cent piece—part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s new series featuring Canada’s six circulation coins. Each beautiful coin is composed of five ounces of fine silver and features selective gold plating on both the reverse and the obverse.
Item Number: 134867
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 157.6
Diameter (mm): 65.25
Face Value: 5 cents
Finish: Proof with selective gold plating
Artist: G. E. Kruger-Gray
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
- This 5-ounce silver 5-cent piece features British artist G. E. Kruger-Gray’s iconic beaver design, first issued in 1937. This design has been used continuously on Canadian “nickels” with only a few notable exceptions.
- Part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 6-coin series of 5-ounce pure silver versions of Canada’s 5-cent, 10-cent, 25-cent, 50-cent, 1-dollar, and 2-dollar circulation coins.
- Selective gold plating on both the reverse and obverse sides of the coin makes this series particularly lovely and exceptionally unique.
- With a very limited mintage of only 1,500 coins per issue, this series is sure to be highly sought after by collectors.
- Drawing its inspiration from minting itself, this coin makes an exquisite gift, an inspiring introduction to collecting, or an important addition for any collector interested in Canadian subjects, Canadian and international circulation coinage, or minting history.
The reverse features British artist G. E. Kruger-Gray’s iconic design featuring the right profile of a beaver standing on a rock surrounded by water. On the reverse, the beaver, water, and rock and maple leaves are gold-plated, as is the raised edge.