More than any other symbol, it’s the maple leaf that says “Canada” to the world. Just as it takes thousands of leaves to create a tree and transform sunlight into life-giving energy; it takes countless individuals to form a community and transform their individual skills, cultures and ideas into a nation of freedom, prosperity and joy.
Item Number: 142183
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 157.6
Diameter (mm): 65.25
Face Value: $50
Artist: Michelle Grant
Packaging: Red lacquered wooden box with black beauty box
- First-ever 5 oz. silver coin to feature a hologram!
- Hologram is struck directly on the coin an extremely precise and technically demanding process.
- Shimmering colour is breathtaking against the shine of 99.99% pure silver.
- Exceptional attention to detail! Look closely and see how every leaf in this design is unique. Even the perfect symmetry of each individual leaf has variations along its margin.
- Limited to an exclusive 1,500 coins worldwide—a numismatic masterpiece of the highest order and an exceptional collecting opportunity.
Canadian artist Michelle Grant has created a show-stopper of a coin design to showcase the maple leaf, Canada’s quintessential national symbol. Two holographic leaves shine from the coin’s centre in a range of colours as they reflect golden hues of sunlight; while individual leaves engraved along the coin’s perimeter form a ring with the inscriptions “Canada“, “2015” and “50 dollars”.