2016 $10 FINE SILVER COIN REFLECTIONS OF WILDLIFE - GRIZZLY BEAR
From mountains to plains, forests to tundra, Canada’s wilderness is home to an incredible diversity of life; it is a place of perpetual beauty, where discoveries and unexpected encounters can provide soul-stirring moments of tranquility and reflection. The three-coin Reflections of Wildlife series celebrates Canada’s natural beauty through depictions of a contemplative moment in the wild.
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 15.87
Diameter (mm): 34
Face Value: $10
Artist: Maurade Baynton
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- The first coin in a captivating three-coin series titled Reflections of Wildlife.
- Each coin presents a stunning portrait of an iconic Canadian species, but also a breathtaking image that speaks of the natural beauty of Canada’s unspoiled wilderness.
- Finely detailed engraving gives the image a life-like quality while special finishing techniques enhance the reflection seen on the water’s surface.
- Subscription option: Don’t miss a single coin in this series by subscribing today! Each subscription includes an elegant wooden collector case
- A gorgeous addition to any nature, wildlife and Canadiana-themed collection, and a thoughtful gift for art appreciators and outdoor enthusiasts alike!
The reverse design by Canadian artist Maurade Baynton features a beautifully engraved wildlife portrait of a mighty grizzly bear (Ursus arctos) at the water’s edge. With the dense alpine forest filling the background behind it, the hungry bear has stepped beyond the rocky shores of a pond and into the water, sending a ripple of gentle waves across the mirror-like surface. The grizzly bear’s characteristic hump is all the more prominent as this iconic animal lowers its head and seemingly gazes at its reflection in the water, which is beautifully recreated through careful finishing techniques