2016 FINE SILVER MAPLE LEAF FRACTIONAL SET: A HISTORIC REIGN
On September 9, 2015, the reign of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II surpasses that of Queen Victoria (63 years 7 months and 3 days) to become the longest reigning Sovereign in modern Canadian history (only exceeded in our history by the reign of His Majesty King Louis XIV).Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada, has served as a constant symbol of duty, service, continuity and affection for Canada and all Canadians. This set of beautifully engraved silver coins in one-ounce and fractional denominations brings together two images that evoke Canada’s pride, strength and rich history in a fitting tribute to Her Majesty’s historic reign, which reflects so much of this country’s accomplishments as a modern, dynamic and proud country.
Finish: Reverse proof
Packaging: Presented in a clamshell case with a graphic beauty box
Face Value: 5 dollars
Composition: Fine Silver (99.99% pure)
Weight (g): 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: 4 dollars
Weight (g): 15.87
Diameter (mm): 34
Face Value: 3 dollars
Weight (g): 7.96
Diameter (mm): 27
Face Value: 2 dollars
Weight (g): 3.23
Diameter (mm): 20
Face Value: 1 dollars
Weight (g): 1.63
Diameter (mm): 16
- This dazzling and rare set of five fine silver coins pays tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada, as the longest reigning Sovereign in modern Canadian history.
- Yellow and pink gold plating on the one-ounce coin add a beautiful contrast to the silver while enhancing the precision engraving. The other coins have pink gold plating on both the reverse and the obverse.
- Lending historical context to this celebration of Her Majesty’s reign is the 1952 effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II wearing the Imperial State Crown on the obverse.
- Each one-ounce coin features edge lettering that reads “LONGEST REIGNING SOVEREIGN / SOUVERAIN AU PLUS LONG RÈGNE”.
- The reverse proof finish gives the leaves a beautiful, natural shine against the frosted background.
- Previous fractional sets sold quickly and with a new lower limited mintage; this exclusive set will likely be highly sought-after by collectors around the world.
- A valuable addition to any nature-, Canadiana-, fractional- or monarch-themed collection.
All five coins feature a reverse design by Canadian artist Donna Kriekle that showcases Canada’s beloved symbol: the iconic maple leaf. Recreating the leaf’s appearance in a natural setting, three different sizes of maple leaves are joined at the stem and gently splay out to fill the entirety of the reverse. Each leaf’s distinctively serrated edge and deep veins are given a life-like quality by meticulous engraving, which shines brilliantly thanks to the reverse proof finish against the frosted background; yet, it is the addition of pink and yellow gold plating to the reverse of the one-ounce coin that proves to be particularly striking. Within the one-ounce coin’s pink gold-plated rim, the largest of the three leaves is resplendent with pink gold plating that adds an eye-catching element to the silver design; this pink gold plating is further complemented by the addition of yellow gold plating to the left-most leaf, which creates a beautiful contrast above the smaller silver leaf and is evocative of the maple’s colourful transformation each fall. The obverse pays tribute to the historic reign of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II with a recreation of the 1952 effigy of Her Majesty wearing the Imperial State Crown (worn at her Coronation) along with edge lettering on the one-ounce coin that reads “LONGEST REIGNING SOVEREIGN / SOUVERAIN AU PLUS LONG RÈGNE”. Each additional coin is enhanced with pink gold plating on the largest of the three leaves, the effigy and the rim. The coins are presented in a clamshell case with a custom outer box showing an image of Her Majesty on her Coronation day, wearing the Imperial State Crown shown on each of the coins.