2017 $5 FINE SILVER COIN PROUDLY CANADIAN (COLOURED & GLOW-IN-THE-DARK)
The year 2017 marks the 150th anniversary of Canadian Confederation—Canada’s 150th birthday! To kick off the festivities, the Royal Canadian Mint is launching its own amazing fireworks show with this spectacular coloured and engraved glow-in-the-dark coin. Gaze up at the waving red-and-white flag that all Canadians hold so dear, dynamic and uplifting like our country itself, fittingly set against an exciting fireworks display that glows in the dark.
Item Number: 160837
Composition: 99.99% fine silver
Mintage: While Supplies Last
Weight (g): 7.96
Diameter (mm): 27
Face Value: $5
Artist: Tony Bianco
Packaging:Folder with easel back
- A Canada Day fireworks display that never fades!
- This unique coin features a dynamic Canadian flag surrounded by brightly coloured fireworks. The flag and fireworks glow in the dark!
- Celebrate your national pride. Part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s impressive suite of coins marking Canada’s exciting 150th year.
- Each coin comes packaged in a festively designed folder that showcases the coin against a background of bright fireworks, with the title “PROUDLY CANADIAN.”
- An exciting and affordable gift that will be treasured by proud Canadians or Canada lovers young and old.
- A great way to encourage a budding collector, or an excellent addition to any collection featuring Canadian themes or specialty coins.
This $5 coin is 99.99% pure silver, with a diameter of 27 millimetres and a nominal metal weight of 7.96 grams. The reverse design by Canadian artist Tony Bianco features a coloured and engraved Canadian flag set against a backdrop of exploding fireworks. In the foreground, the dynamically flowing flag, viewed from slightly below, rises high into the sky above. It is engraved and painted in red and white. In the background, vast sprays of fireworks fill the sky. The fireworks are coloured in dazzling colours overlaid with glow-in-the-dark colouring that reveals even more excitement in the dark. The reverse is engraved with the words “CANADA” and “FINE SILVER 9999 ARGENT PUR”, the face value of “5 DOLLARS”, and the commemorative dates “1867-2017”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.