2017 $8 FINE SILVER COIN FENG SHUI GOOD LUCK CHARMS
With an insatiable appetite for gold and silver coins, Pi Yao is the ultimate Feng Shui cure to draw wealth from all directions. This celestial guardian and symbol of fortune is one of several powerful motifs that come together beautifully on the coin’s reverse and obverse, where a square hole pierced through the centre completes the powerful celebration of Chinese tradition in Canada.
- Beautifully crafted in 99.99% pure silver with a unique centre hole that pays tribute to ancient Chinese minting tradition.
- Traditional Chinese motifs on the reverse and obverse help ensure continuity, harmony, and a balanced flow of energy—a key aspect of Feng Shui.
- Multiple finishes enhance even the smallest details in this precision-engraved design.
- Mintage for this $8 coin is set to 6,888 coins—an auspicious number since “8” is considered to be the luckiest number in Chinese culture.
- A very special token of good fortune, or a wonderful addition to any collection featuring specialized coins and/or those bearing Chinese-Canadian cultural motifs.
Item Number: 160831
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 20.86
Diameter (mm): 36
Face Value: $8
Artist: Charles Vinh
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
The reverse design by Canadian artist Charles Vinh combines a number of auspicious Chinese motifs to confer a powerful blessing for everlasting prosperity and fortune. At the centre is a feature that sets this coin apart: a square hole, which represented the land in traditional Chinese minting. Two Pi Yao figures stand on either side of the hole and are viewed in profile, with one facing left and the other facing right. Enhanced by different finishes, the intricate engraving re-creates the elaborate appearance of this mystical protector and symbol of wealth. The rounded shape of the Wu Lou gourd is depicted on the reverse and the obverse, where this centuries-old symbol of longevity and health appears alongside the ornamental Chinese knots that speak of never-ending felicity. These “endless” knots also complement the stylized scrollwork on the unique obverse, where a smoothly polished circle bears the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.