2018 $10 PURE GOLD COIN 65TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE CORONATION OF HER MAJESTY QUEEN ELIZABETH II
Throughout the Dominion, the coronation was the event of the year, and schoolchildren across Canada received bronze medallions to celebrate. This pure gold coin is inspired by the same regal portrait that captured people’s hearts 65 years ago—an exceptional keepsake honouring Canada’s beloved matriarch and her tireless devotion and service.
Item Number: 169220
Composition: 99.99 % pure gold
Weight (g): 7.8
Diameter (mm): 20
Face Value: $10
Packaging: Standard maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- An exclusive treasure celebrating the 65th anniversary of The Queen’s Coronation.
- A prestigious collectible inspired by the bronze Coronation Medallion that remains a treasured keepsake among Canadians to this day!
- Exceptional relief, detailing and finish deliver an incomparable renaissance for the enduring bronze medallion of 1953—exquisitely crafted in pure gold!
- A unique and upscale gift for royalty watchers and anyone who was a schoolchild in Canada during the coronation excitement of 1953.
- Highly collectible! This limited pure gold coin showcases the remarkable finesse of modern minting techniques while preserving the excitement and pride that were at the heart of everyday Canada 65 years ago.
Royal Canadian Mint engravers modelled this regal portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II based upon her effigy on the 1953 Coronation Medallion. The Queen is shown facing right and wearing St. Edward’s Crown, with fine detailing highlighting features of the Coronation Gown and The Queen’s pearl necklaces. The portrait is framed by the anniversary year (1953-2018) and face value (10 DOLLARS) that are engraved along the coin’s outer edge.