A beautiful embodiment of the season, the delicately coloured apple blossom adds a sweet fragrance to the gentlest breeze! Spring is in full bloom on this fine silver coin, whose colour-over-engraved reverse showcases the seasonal beauty of Canada’s national apple tree: the McIntosh.
Item Number: 164509
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 23.17
Diameter (mm): 36.07
Face Value: $15
Artist: Jan Poynter
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- THE COLOURS OF THE SEASON: Celebrate the colourful beauty of spring with an equally colourful coin.
- LUMINOUS PROOF FINISH: Polished to a mirror-like finish, the coin’s 99.99% fine silver surface shines in the natural light, just like sunlight on a spring day!
- PAINTED LANDSCAPE: Colour over engraving re-creates the soft pastel hues of each apple blossom, which adds a delicate-looking beauty to orchards and yards each spring.
- NATIONAL APPLE: While the tree is inspired by Canada’s national apple, the McIntosh, the reverse is a magnificent celebration of all apple varieties.
- A fabulous addition to any floral or nature-themed collection, and a superb gift for the nature lover in all of us.
Designed by artist Jan Poynter, the reverse re-creates a dazzling springtime display by combining colour and detailed engraving against the shine of a proof finish. The apple tree in full bloom is inspired by the McIntosh variety, which was first discovered in Dundela, Ontario, and is now Canada’s most commonly cultivated apple. Like a botanical illustration, the blossom-laden bough below offers an enlarged view of the delicate-looking flowers nestled in the green leaves. The addition of a design flourish hints at the apple blossom’s sweet scent, which floats in the spring breeze and attracts pollinators to the yellow centre of each white and pink-coloured bloom.