2018 $2 SPECIAL WRAP ROLL - ARMISTICE
Each Special Wrap Roll brings together 25 of Canada’s 2018 $2 circulation coins. Wrapped together in solemn remembrance, the mix of engraved-only and coloured versions commemorate the Armistice of 1918 through two images that powerfully symbolize the legacy of the First World War (1914-1918), and the many sacrifices that paved the way to peace.
Item Number 167480
Composition: Outer ring: Three-ply nickel finish plated steel Inner Core: Brass-plated aluminum bronze
Weight (g): 6.99 (each coin)
Diameter (mm): 28
Face Value: $2
Edge: Interrupted serrations
Artist: Laurie McGaw
Packaging: Special coloured wrap
- INSTANT ADDITION: Each Special Wrap Roll is guaranteed to include 25 of Canada’s 2018 $2 circulation coin, whose reverse commemorates the 100th anniversary of the Armistice of 1918.
- A MIX OF TWO VERSIONS: Each roll comprises a mix of engraved-only and coloured versions, which share the same engraved motif.
- A SYMBOL AND COLOUR OF REMEMBRANCE: The selectively coloured version features a symbolic touch of bright scarlet on the poppy, a widely known symbol of remembrance that was inspired by the Canadian poem In Flanders Fields.
- PERMANENT SECURITY FEATURE: Also included on the reverse of both versions, the engraved maple leaves are both a symbol of Canada and a cutting-edge characteristic of security that ensures each coin’s authenticity.
- COMMEMORATIVE WRAP: Your coins are enclosed in a custom paper wrap that thoughtfully complements the coin’s motif and theme.
- CANADA REMEMBERS: Each $2 coin is a collectible tribute to our combatants of the First World War, and a pledge to never forget.
The reverse image by Canadian artist Laurie McGaw marks the 100th anniversary of the Armistice of 1918 with a poignant pairing of two symbols of remembrance. Within the laiton-plated inner core, a soldier’s helmet represents the end of the First World War and serves as a solemn reminder of the many lives lost during history’s first mechanized war. Below the helmet lies a large poppy, the official bloom of remembrance inspired by the Canadian poem In Flanders Fields, and whose bright scarlet colour is re-created on selectively coloured versions of the $2 coin. To represent English and French, two more poppies are engraved on the nickel-plated outer ring, which includes a banner bearing the bilingual words “REMEMBER”, “SOUVENIR” and the year “2018”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.