2018 $20 FINE SILVER COIN LUCKY CLOVER
The shamrock is everywhere come March 17, when it adorns countless St. Patrick’s Day celebrations across Canada; but for every 10,000 three-leaf specimens, a “lucky” four-leaf one may be found. This selectively coloured fine silver coin bridges tradition and folklore with an enduring symbol whose leaves are said to represent faith, hope, love…and luck!
Item Number: 164392
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Artist: Lisa Thomson Khan
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- An ounce of luck…and silver! Crafted from 1 oz. of 99.99% pure silver, this striking keepsake is a unique way to bring a touch of luck to your collection.
- Bridging folklore and tradition: The lucky clover adds an element of folklore to the design, while the Celtic knot-inspired frame pays tribute to the deep, cultural roots of Irish-Canadians!
- Colourful tribute: The “shamrock green” colour of the four-leaf clover adds a colourful touch that is perfectly in step with St. Patrick’s Day!
- A special blessing: Give the gift that conveys your well wishes and brings good luck—whether it’s for a special occasion, or just a general wish for good fortune throughout one’s life! It’s a precious memento that can also be lovingly passed from one generation to another, as a beautiful expression of an eternal bond.
- Back by popular demand! This is just the second time a four-leaf clover has been featured on a Royal Canadian Mint coin!
The reverse design by Canadian artist Lisa Thomson Khan centres on a precision-engraved rendering of a four-leaf clover. This symbol of luck includes a number of details that give it a more life-like appearance, including the fine lines that hint at the darker, herringbone markings within each of the elliptical-shaped leaves. The selective application of paint adds a burst of vibrant colour to the clover, whose “shamrock green” hue would be perfectly in step with St. Patrick’s Day celebrations across Canada. A mix of finishes throughout the design places special emphasis on each of the engraved elements, particularly the Celtic knot-inspired element that pays tribute to the rich, cultural heritage of Irish-Canadians.