2018 $30 FINE SILVER COIN GOLDEN MAPLE LEAF
Few other trees are as deeply rooted in Canada’s history as the sugar maple (Acer saccharum), whose leaf closely resembles the emblem on the Canadian flag. An 18-Kt. gold maple leaf re-creates this iconic fall beauty, and provides the crowning touch on a richly detailed, engraved expression of a nation’s pride.
- An RCM First! Introducing the first fine silver coin featuring a 18Kt. gold maple leaf
- Crafted from 1 gram of gold, the maple leaf features an incomparable amount of details—from the etched veins to the slightly curled edges that evoke memories of a fall day.
- Beyond the golden maple leaf, the exquisitely engraved elements are enhanced by an outstanding array of multiple finishes, to ensure no details are lost in our multi-layered approach to coin design.
- A nation’s proud legacy. Behind the classically rendered leaves, the frosted bands of Canada’s national flag fill the relief and hint at our pride for the beauty of this land we call home.
- Classic Canadiana: The artistry and craftsmanship are evident at every turn! Whether it is a gift or an addition to your collection, this unforgettable coin is sure to be treasured and valued for years to come.
Item Number: 162364
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight: 62.69 g + 1 g (18 Kt. gold maple leaf)
Diameter: 50 mm
Face Value: $30
Artist: Michelle Grant
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
The reverse coin design by Canadian artist Michelle Grant takes a multi-layered approach to celebrating one of Canada’s most famous leaves. In addition, crafted from one gram of 18-karat gold, the maple leaf adornment adds a sense of elegance, dimension and realism—especially its natural golden hue, which is in keeping with the sugar maple’s fall colours. Its deeply etched veins are prominent while its pointed edges are slightly bent, evoking the shape of a fallen leaf coming to rest on an engraved bed of classically stylized maple leaves. Behind it, the use of frosted and proof finishes fill the field to re-create the bands of Canada’s national flag, as a visual representation of soaring pride for this nation’s natural legacy. The reverse also features the engraved word “CANADA” and the face value “30 DOLLARS”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.