Celebrate the history and artistry of Canadian circulation coinage with this pure silver 5-cent piece—part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s new 7-coin series featuring current and historical Canadian circulation coins selectively rose gold-plated.
Item Number: 163832
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 157.6
Diameter (mm): 65.25
Face Value: 5-cent
Artist: G.E. Kruger-Gray
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with graphic beauty box
- Special selective rose gold plating technique allows the coin’s engraved elements to shine, adding visual interest to the iconic design.
- Part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 7-coin series of 5-ounce pure silver versions of current and historical Canadian circulation coinage.
- Exceptionally low mintage of only 1,500 coins means that this piece is sure to be sought after by collectors around the world. Previous issues of this popular series regularly sell out.
- Subscribe to the series to get a complimentary custom wood collector case that holds all seven coins. 7th and final coin in the series, the Penny, will be available through subscription only and will ship with the wood case!
- Drawing its inspiration from Canadian minting, each coin in the series makes an exquisite gift, an inspiring introduction to collecting, or an important addition for any collector interested in Canadian subjects, Canadian and international circulation coinage, or minting history.
This 99.99% pure silver 5-cent coin has a diameter of 65 millimetres and a metal weight of 157.6 grams. The reverse features British artist G.E. Kruger-Gray’s iconic design featuring the profile of a beaver standing on a rock surrounded by water. The engraved beaver, log, mossy rock, water, and maple leaves flanking the denomination are selectively rose gold-plated. The reverse is also engraved with the text “CANADA” the face value of “5 CENTS” and the date “2018”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt. Her Majesty’s portrait is rose gold-plated.