2018 $50 FINE SILVER COIN – ANTIQUE CAROUSEL
From the “galloping” steeds to the old-time ambiance, an antique carousel has a rare ability to create a sense of magic and wonder that stays with us forever! This selectively gold-plated coin captures the timeless appeal of a classic carnival ride on the reverse, where the art of yesteryear is
topped by an interactive element that will enchant the young and young at heart.
Item Number: 166265
Composition 99.9% pure silver
Weight (g): 188.99
Diameter (mm): 65
Face Value: $50
Artist: Calder Moore
Packaging: Wooden circular base with black box
- YOUR VERY OWN CAROUSEL: Re-live the magic and wonder of an antique carousel! This fine silver coin captures the enchantment and timeless appeal of a classic carnival ride.
- A WORLD’S FIRST- METICULOUSLY CRAFTED in 6 oz. of 99.9% pure silver.
- AFFIXED BUT MOVABLE: Revisit cherished memories or let loose your imagination through the magic of a movable carousel! Affixed to the coin’s surface, this miniature is capable of fully rotating with the help of a magnet (included). And as the carousel turns, the gold-plated horses move up and down—just like the real thing!
- A GILDED BEAUTY: Selective gold plating enhances the engraved scrollwork and the carousel figures on the reverse, the effigy on the obverse, and the rim on both sides.
- ONLY 1,000 AVAILABLE! Given its very low mintage and very high visual appeal, this coin is not one to be missed! Order today and bring home a magical piece that will be treasured for years to come.
Artist Calder Moore beautifully conveys the century-old ambience of an antique carousel in this reverse design, whose engraved elements typify its fanciful décor. One can imagine the sound of old- time carnival music and the illuminating effect of the carousel’s lights, which are represented by a row of bulbs that line a scalloped rounding board. Two illustrations of horse riders add a touch of vintage art amid the gold-plated, rococo-style scrollwork, which provides the base for an unusual topper: a miniature carousel. Carefully sculpted in outstanding detail, this silver piece is affixed to the coin’s surface in a way that allows for a rotational movement assisted by a magnet (included). As the viewer turns the magnet to rotate the carousel, the selectively gold-plated horses mimic the up-and-down motion of their real-life counterparts. While the reverse includes the engraved word “CANADA”, the face value “50 DOLLARS” and the year “2018”, the rim is also gold-plated on both sides, where it frames the mirror-like proof finish. The obverse features the gold-plated effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
This magnet is very powerful. Do not swallow. Attraction of magnets in the body may cause serious injury. Do not handle magnet if you have a pacemaker. This product is not a toy. Keep away from magnetic media storage devices.
Available only in Canada and US.