2018 $50 FINE SILVER COIN HOLIDAY SPLENDOUR
Canada’s favourite festive flower will bloom forever with this coin’s stunning show of crimson glass. Murano glass dates back to 8th century Rome. At the time, glass was a luxury reserved strictly for the rich, and glassmakers enjoyed the same status as the aristocracy. This glass poinsettia has all the prestige that makes Murano one of the greatest glass producers of the world. Its delicate and airy form was individually blown with a sprinkling of gold foil for an added touch of Holiday sparkle. Shimmering from the surface of this extra-large coin, this breathtaking flower will captivate long after the potted poinsettia has faded away.
Item Number: 162317
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 157.6
Diameter (mm): 65.25
Face Value: $50
Artist: Marie-Élaine Cusson
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- A prestigious and historically rich keepsake to mark the Holidays that will captivate revellers for generations to come!
- A rare and original touch to Holiday decorating that’s sure to garner admiring gazes and lively conversation all around!
- The perfect gift for that extra-special hostess, Holiday aficionado, art and flower enthusiast!
- Each glass poinsettia was handcrafted by master glassmaker Vio Col Vetro of Murano, Italy before being applied to the coin at the Mint.
- Only 1,500 glass poinsettias were produced and each one is unique!
Canadian artist Marie-Élaine Cusson has created a beautiful and finely detailed backdrop to showcase this coin’s beautiful Murano glass to full effect. Six deeply veined leaves frame the red glass poinsettia with sprigs of pine needles, ferns and holly berries filling the gaps to create a vibrant, festive feel—all punctuated by the shimmering gold foil embedded in the glass.