2018 $50 FINE SILVER COIN NATURE'S LIGHT SHOW: MOONLIT TRANQUILITY
Like a luminous lullaby, moonlight spills across the reverse of this fine silver coin, where it lights up the landscape and lessens the darkness of the night sky. The tender scene features a mix of engraving, selective colour and glow-in-the-dark elements that set the tone for a tranquil moment witnessed from inside a cave and alongside an iconic Canadian species — one renowned for its strength and maternal bond.
Item Number: 168235
Composition: 99.99 % fine silver
Weight (g): 157.6
Diameter (mm): 60
Face Value: $50
Artist: Maurade Baynton
Packaging: Red lacquered case with black beauty box
- SECOND IN A NEW SERIES of glow-in-the-dark, concave-shaped coins that offer unique views of nature from deep inside wildlife habitats.
- A CONCAVE-SHAPED VIEW: More than just a unique shape, the concave reverse provides a more immersive viewing experience by re-creating the view from deep inside a cave and alongside a legendary Canadian wildlife species: the black bear.
- EXQUISITE ENGRAVING: Polished to a beautiful proof finish, the finely engraved rock shelter complements the coloured image of the bears, the evergreen tree and the dazzling night sky that easily catches the eye.
- GLOW-IN-THE-DARK EFFECT: The use of photoluminescent technology allows for a second viewing experience in the dark, where the technology washes the scene with moonlight — from the bears to the moon and stars in the sky, including a shooting star that isn’t visible in daylight!
- ONLY 1,500 AVAILABLE—ORDER TODAY! A great nature themed coin with an outstanding mix of design details, and a fine example of visual storytelling!
There is a great sense of calmness, tranquility, and above all else, wonder in the reverse image by Maurade Boynton, which shows the beauty of a moonlit night in the Canadian wilderness. The coin’s concave shape presents a tunnel-like view of the coloured night sky from deep inside a cave; here, engraved details in a proof finish mimic the look of diffused light on the rock walls, which provide safety and comfort to a mother black bear (Ursus americanus) and her curious cubs. Glow-in-the-dark technology stands in for moonlight, which wraps around the white spruce tree and lights up the profile of each bear as together, they view the stars — including a shooting star that only reveals itself when the coin is viewed in the dark. The reverse includes the engraved word “CANADA”, the face value “50 DOLLARS” and the year, “2018”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.