2018 PURE PLATINUM FRACTIONAL SET 30TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE PLATINUM MAPLE LEAF
A standard in platinum trading, the Royal Canadian Mint’s Platinum Maple Leaf bullion coin takes centre stage in a fractional set that is anything but standard. Each coin in this 30th anniversary set shares the same precisely engraved design of not one but three iconic maple leaves, which are carefully arranged to symbolize three decades of history that are forever preserved in 99.95% pure platinum.
Item Number: 169210
Artist: Jesse Koreck
Packaging: Maple wood case with black beauty Box
- “A PLATINUM CLASSIC”: The Royal Canadian Mint proudly celebrates the 30th anniversary of its Platinum Maple Leaf bullion coin with a four-coin platinum set.
- A SELDOM-SEEN OPPORTUNITY: This low-mintage set (400) is only one of a few platinum sets issued by the Royal Canadian Mint since 2004.
- FOUR SIZES AND DENOMINATIONS: Includes four different sizes and denominations of .9995 pure platinum coins: 1 oz. ($300), 1/2 oz. ($150), 1/4 oz. ($75), 1/10 oz. ($30).
- EPITOME OF CRAFTSMANSHIP: The crisp impression on each reverse proof easily catches the eye, especially when all four coins are viewed side-by-side in the wooden presentation case.
- HISTORIC TOUCHES: While the double-dated reverse includes a special 30th anniversary privy mark, each coin’s obverse features the effigy that appeared on all Canadian coins issued in 1988, the year the Platinum Maple Leaf made its debut.
All four coins share the same commemorative design by Jesse Koreck. The double-dated reverse celebrates the 30th anniversary of the Platinum Maple Leaf coin with a familiar image: the single maple leaf that is unchanged since the platinum bullion coin’s debut in 1988. The stylized sugar maple leaf (Acer saccharum) is triplicated to represent each decade of history; their stems gently overlap as they fan outward to represent motion and a strengthening with time. The engraved words “CANADA” and “PLATINUM, coin weights; 1 oz., 1/2 oz., 1/4 oz., 1/10 oz. and PLATINE”, the purity level “9995”, and the double dates “1988” and “2018” all come together to frame the leaves and the special “30” anniversary privy mark. Each obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Arnold Machin, as it appeared on the first Platinum Maple Leaf coins issued in 1988.