2019 1/2 Kilogram Pure Silver Gold-Plated Coin - Benevolent Dragon - Mintage: 588
A FIRST! Colour and gold plating on a 99.99% pure silver half-kilogram coin! Order today!
The benevolent dragon of Chinese tradition brings powerful blessings. This is why he is so drawn to the pearl, clutching it in his claws or under his chin—a perfect sphere of wisdom, energy, and longevity. Traditional Chinese images often depict magical dragons chasing or holding a pearl that is sometimes glowing with flames. Associated with Qi energy, from which all creation flows, as well as with natural elements like the sun, the moon, thunder, and the egg, the pearl pulses with life and potential. Together, the dragon and the pearl generate a powerful, complex symbolism dealing with deep concepts such as truth and enlightenment.
Celebrate the Chinese New Year with this lucky and benevolent dragon! Order today!
- MASTER OF WATER, EARTH, AND SKY! The benevolent Chinese dragon clutches the pearl of wisdom as he wends his way through the clouds.
- SELECTIVE GOLD PLATING! Your coin is a first and is a very special gold-plated 99.99% pure silver half-kilogram coin that celebrates the Lunar New Year—also known as Chinese New Year!
- AUSPICIOUS “8’S”INCLUDED IN YOUR COIN PRICE! The price of your coin of $1,288.88 includes many “8’s” and is very auspicious!
- EXCLUSIVE MINTAGE OF 588 COINS IS HIGHLY SYMBOLIC! Your coin has a limited worldwide mintage of 588.
- BEAUTIFUL PROOF FINISH! Your coin was crafted in exceptional 99.99% pure silver with a beautiful proof finish!
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- HALF KILOGRAM PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from a half kilogram of 99.99% pure silver, and it has selective gold plating and colour too!
- GST/HST EXEMPT! Your coin is GST/HST exempt.
Designed by Canadian design team Chris and Rosina Reid of Three Degrees Creative, your coin features an undulating dragon clutching a glowing pearl. The striking image covers the entire field of your large-format coin. With sculptural grace, the Chinese dragon clutches a pearl in its claw as it writhes through the cloud-filled sky. The image beautifully balances the intricate detail of the dragon’s scales and facial features against the flowing, ethereal cloud shapes. The pearl seems to rise from the coin in matchless detail. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt as well as the text “CANADA”, the date “2019”, and the face value of “125 DOLLARS”.
“Our idea was simple: to create an epic design that celebrates the story and design language of this traditional Asian character while also bringing fresh graphic impact. The hyper-realism of the pearl is spectacular. I happily spent many hours perfecting just that element alone.”
Three Degrees Creative, Artist
Composition 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g) 502.9
Diameter (mm) 85.45
Face value 125 dollars
Artist Three Degrees Creative Group (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)