2019 $10 FINE SILVER COIN SILVER MAPLE LEAF (LIMITED EDITION)
A 30th anniversary tribute to the Silver Maple Leaf (SML), this 2 oz. fine silver piece has the added distinction of being the first black rhodium-plated SML ever issued by the Royal Canadian Mint. The matte gunmetal finish serves as a unique backdrop on the obverse and reverse, which puts a spotlight on the silver maple leaf that has been a proud, shining success since 1988.
Item Number: 169174
Composition: 99.99 % pure silver
Weight (g): 62.69
Diameter: (mm) 50
Face Value: $10
Finish: Matte Proof
Artist: Walter Ott
Packaging: Standard maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- A SPECIAL EDITION FOR A SPECIAL ANNIVERSARY: A collector’s item, this limited edition piece celebrates the 30th anniversary of Canada’s world-famous silver bullion coin, the Silver Maple Leaf (SML).
- OUR FIRST EVER BLACK RHODIUM-PLATED SML: This is the first time we’ve ever issued a black rhodium-plated SML. A perfect fusion of modern technology and classic design!
- DOUBLE THE TECHNOLOGY, DOUBLE THE SILVER: Every SML bullion coin is crafted in 1 oz. 99.99% pure silver, but this tribute piece gives you double the silver of its bullion counterpart — a full 2 ounces.
- A STANDOUT: On both the obverse and reverse, the black rhodium plating plays up the engraved focal points (the effigy and maple leaf) through the contrast between black and silver, matte and brilliant.
- A LIMITED EDITION PIECE: Mintage is set to just 4,000 worldwide.
The reverse features Walter Ott’s now-iconic sugar maple leaf design, unchanged since the first Silver Maple Leaf (SML) coin was issued in 1988. Black rhodium plating fills the field and enhances the natural shine of the coin’s silver surface, which is only visible on the engraved relief. The reverse includes the engraved words “CANADA” and “FINE SILVER 2 OZ ARGENT PUR”, as well as the purity standard of “9999”. The black rhodium-plated obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt, along with the engraved face value “10 DOLLARS” and the year “2019”.