The year 2019 marks the 40th anniversary of the Royal Canadian Mint’s iconic Gold Maple Leaf bullion coin—the standard against which other gold bullion coins are measured. This very special numismatic release includes the first time the Royal Canadian Mint has offered a 0.5 gram gold coin with the iconic GML design.
Item Number: 168594
Composition: 99.99 % pure gold
Weight (g): 0.5
Diameter (mm): 11
Face Value: 25 Cents
Finish: Reverse Proof
Artist: Walter Ott
Packaging: Standard maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- This beautiful, 11 millimetre 25-cent coin is certified 99.99% pure gold.
- Double dated 1979-2019 and a unique mintage of 40,000 coins.
- An affordable solution to start a gold coin collection. Weighing only 0.5 grams of gold, this coin is within your grasp.
- Elegant design is finely engraved and meticulously presented in a beautiful Reverse Proof finish (shiny elements on frosted background).
- Packaged in a maroon clamshell and Royal Canadian Mint branded beauty box.
The reverse design features Walter Ott’s iconic maple leaf design from the original Gold Maple Leaf bullion coin released in 1979. The realistic sugar maple leaf is intricately engraved to capture all the fine details at such a small size. The reverse features the words “CANADA” and “FINE GOLD 25 CENTS OR PUR” as well as the purity standard of “9999” and the double date of 1979 – 2019. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.