2019 $30 FINE SILVER COIN A HUNDRED BLESSINGS OF GOOD FORTUNE
The blessing of good fortune (Fú) is a most auspicious and all-encompassing wish, for it is said that fortune comes to us in many disguises: peace, health, longevity, prosperity, love and more. This 99.99% pure silver coin has all the appearance of a gold one thanks to the fully plated obverse and reverse, where 100 variations of the word Fú make this a beautiful hundredfold blessing to give… or keep.
Item Number: 168583
Composition: 99.99% pure silver with gold plating
Weight: 62.69 g
Diameter: 50 mm
Face Value: $30
Artist: Christopher Reid
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- A beautiful keepsake, an everlasting symbol of good fortune and a wonderful celebration of Chinese culture in Canada!
- An affordable golden glow. This 99.99% pure silver coin is fully gold plated to give it the incomparable gleam of a gold coin, but for the affordable price of a silver one.
- Premium finishes. A mesmerizing mix of finishes and engraving techniques (laser and traditional) adds artistic nuance and a beautiful sense of dimension to the precision engraved design.
- A mix of old and new. Contemporary flourishes go hand-inhand with traditional Chinese symbolism on the reverse, where no two versions of the same Fú character are alike.
- Mintage limited to 3,888. The unique mintage reflects the cultural importance of “8” as a symbol of good fortune.
- A most auspicious wish for family, friends or any intended recipients, or simply for you to keep and cherish as part of your own collection.
Designed by Canadian artist Christopher Reid, the fully gold-plated reverse brings together traditional Chinese symbolism and contemporary art elements to visually represent 100 blessings of good fortune. Edged by a laser-engraved pattern, an auspicious lotus shape fills much of the field. The Chinese word for “good fortune,” Fú, is prominently engraved at the centre of the lotus, where it is framed by an ornamental flourish. Ninety-nine other variations of the word Fú, each one different from the other, are symmetrically positioned within the petals to bring harmony and balance to the design. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.