2019 $5 FINE SILVER COIN ZODIAC SERIES: CAPRICORN
One by one, the 12 zodiac constellations rise and march across the night sky in the Royal Canadian Mint’s 2019 Zodiac series. The first coin is dedicated to the determined Capricorn (December 22-January 20), whose constellation is framed by 20 Swarovski® crystals that sparkle like the stars.
Item Number 170819
Composition 99.99% fine silver
Weight (g)* 7.96
Diameter (mm) 27
Face Value $5
Artist Jori van de Linde
Packaging Standard maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- A design created by the stars: The stars align in this 12- coin series that takes you on a celestial-themed journey through the zodiac.
- Ring of Swarovski® crystals: Each 99.99% fine silver coin features a ring of 20 Swarovski® crystals.
- Available individually or as a 12-coin subscription. Each subscription to the series guarantees you’ll receive every coin in the 2019 Zodiac series. Subscribers will also receive a FREE collector case with their first coin, allowing you to display all 12 coins as one complete set.
- A winning combination of engraving and colour: This coin resembles a classic timepiece, thanks to the engraved outer ring. But the centre image catches the eye with its colourful pairing of the constellation and symbol for each astrological sign.
- The perfect birthday gift: Whether it’s for a special occasion or a “just because” gift, a sign-specific keepsake is a thoughtful way to show you care.
The reverse image by artist Jori van der Linde features an engraved outer ring of Roman numerals that captures the look of a classic timepiece. An inner ring of Swarovski® crystals surround a colourful zodiac-themed image, which pairs the constellation and symbol associated with Capricorn (December 22-January 20). The obverse features the word “CANADA”, the face value “5 DOLLARS”, the year “2019” and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.