2019 $50 FINE SILVER COIN CELEBRATING CANADA'S ICONS
With a country as vast and beautifully diverse as Canada, it is virtually impossible to represent the Canadian experience in a single image. Instead, this 5 oz. fine silver coin gathers several classic Canadian icons to convey a nation’s pride and character within our most iconic symbol of all: the red coloured maple leaf.
Item Number: 170392
Composition: 99.99 % pure silver
Weight (g): 157.6
Diameter (mm): 65.25
Face Value: $50
Artist: Patrick Bélanger
Packaging: Standard maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- CELEBRATING CANADIANA: This 5 oz. 99.99% pure silver coin dives into Canada’s rich iconography to celebrate the nation’s spirit through some of its most recognizable images!
- THE CLASSICS, BUT WITH A TWIST: Caribou, geese and more — each of these classic Canadian icons are presented in a captivating, contemporary art style.
- TRANSLUCENT RED ENAMEL adds colour to the leaf without obscuring the view of the engraved elements beneath it against a beautifully polished proof finish!
- A MIX OF FROSTINGS: From brilliant to matte, a mix of different frostings cleverly creates contrasting colour within the maple leaf while drawing the eye to the engraved elements.
- STRUCK INCUSE: Each icon is struck incuse and crisply rendered to leave a lasting impression!
- ORDER TODAY: Previous coins with a similar theme have a history of selling quickly. Don’t miss your chance to own this superb 5 oz. coin, order today!
The contemporary-styled reverse by Patrick Bélanger weaves together a magnificent mix of Canadian icons that have long represented the nation’s spirit. Struck incuse against a proof finish, a flock of Canadian geese take to the skies above the prominent maple leaf. Within this leaf’s pointed edges lies an array of strongly symbolic images: an imposing grizzly bear; a grouping of maple leaves; a mighty caribou, whose call reverberates across the Boreal forests; and a historic coastal landmark, a lighthouse. An overlay of translucent red enamel tints the maple leaf and the engraved elements beneath it, while different frostings create contrast from within. The reverse includes the engraved words “CANADA 2018” and the face value, “50 DOLLARS”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.