2019 $8 FINE SILVER COIN BRILLIANT CHERRY BLOSSOMS: A GIFT OF BEAUTY
Even as each petal is shed like a blushing snowflake, the ephemeral beauty of a cherry blossom is a lasting gift that renews our appreciation for the precious things in life.
Item Number 169907
Composition 99.99 % pure silver
Weight (g)* 7.96
Diameter (mm) 27
Face Value $8
Artist Anna Bucciarelli
Packaging Folder with easel back
- FOREVER IN BLOOM: An affordable keepsake that perfectly captures the delicate yet fleeting beauty of a cherry blossom, whose delicate appearance and shape have inspired countless poems and works of art.
- A SPECIAL SYMBOL: The bilingual character on the reverse hints at the cherry tree’s origins and signifies “beauty” in Japanese and Mandarin
- MIX OF COLOUR, ENGRAVING: Mixed in with the engraved branch, leaves and buds, the selective application of colour brings the soft pink-and-white flowers to life.
- A BUILT-IN EASEL: Each coin comes ready to display in its folder-style packaging, which easily converts into an easel.
- YOURS TO GIVE OR KEEP: Whether a birthday, anniversary, a celebration of friendship or a special “thank you,” this coin makes a wonderful gift for a loved one or friend who is captivated by these famous blooms!
The reverse image by Anna Bucciarelli is filled with bright, springtime cheer as it captures the peak splendour of a blossoming cherry tree. Selective colour and engraving are combined in this close view of a flower-laden branch, where the cluster of white and pink-coloured petals includes a number of engraved buds and leaves. The five-petal blossoms that have inspired countless artists are the very embodiment of “BEAUTY”, represented by the kanji character positioned just above the bough.