2019 FINE SILVER MAPLE LEAF FRACTIONAL SET: A BICENTENNIAL CELEBRATION
A crisp autumn breeze, a rustling in the trees; a leaf tumbles, resting on the water. The 2019 fine silver fractional set commemorates the bicentennial of the birth of Queen Victoria while highlighting Canada’s natural heritage on the reverse, where blue rhodium plating (a first) adds a special splash of colour to the 1 oz. piece.
Finish: Reverse proof
Packaging: Presented in a maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- ROOTED IN TRADITION: The 2019 edition of our annual fine silver fractional set commemorates the 200th anniversary of the birth of Queen Victoria.
- AN EXQUISITE FIRST IN RCM HISTORY: Exclusive to the 1 oz. coin in this set: blue rhodium plating! A FIRST in the history of the Royal Canadian Mint, the deep blue colour of the precious metal adds a fitting hue to the water while allowing the engraving to shine through.
- A RETURN TO A FIVE-COIN FORMAT: Presented in a burgundy clamshell case, this exquisite fractional set includes five different sizes and denominations of .9999 pure silver coins: 1 oz. ($5), 1/2 oz. ($4), 1/4 oz. ($3), 1/10 oz. ($2) and 1/20 oz. ($1).
- A SHINING SYMBOL OF CANADA: The reverse proof finish places the focus on the meticulously engraved elements, especially the maple leaf that is at the heart of this Canadian celebration of a royal bicentennial.
- DOUBLE DATED AND DOUBLE EFFIGIES: In addition to the double dates on the reverse, the obverse includes the effigy and royal cypher of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and those of Queen Victoria — an elegant tribute to the two long-reigning monarchs.
All five coins share the same reverse design by Julius Csotonyi. The highly detailed, engraved image captures a tranquil moment in the Canadian landscape, whose seasonal beauty is arguably at its peak. Carried by the autumn breeze, several sugar maple leaves have tumbled down from the forest canopy overhead, their edges slightly curled, before gently resting on the water. Exclusive to the 1 oz. coin, blue rhodium plating adds a colourful reflective hue to the aquatic setting, without obscuring the engraved ripples that convey movement across the water. The words “CANADA” and “FINE SILVER 1 OZ ARGENT PUR” are engraved in the frame that circles the image, along with the purity level “9999” and the double dates “1819 2019” that commemorate the 200th anniversary of the birth of Queen Victoria. The royal bicentennial is front and centre on the obverse, where the effigies of Queen Victoria by Leonard Charles Wyon and Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt are accompanied by each Sovereign’s royal cypher.