The 2020 $2 Bill Reid Commemorative circulation coin is a celebration of the Haida artist's legacy and of Haida culture. You'll find one (or more) of these coins in your pocket change, two in our special keepsake set, and 25 inside every Special Wrap Roll.
All 25 coins are neatly rolled up in a custom-designed paper wrap, with the reverse design visible on one or both ends of the roll. But instead of mixing uncoloured and coloured versions together in each roll, we're offering you a choice:
- The 2020 $2 Bill Reid Uncoloured Coin Special Wrap Roll gives you 25 uncoloured (engraved only) versions of the special-themed $2 coin.
- The 2020 $2 Bill Reid Coloured Coin Special Wrap Roll gives you 25 coloured versions of the special-themed $2 coin.
And one of each ensures both versions are part of your collection — a complete set!
- FAMOUS HAIDA ART: In honour of the 100th anniversary of the artist's birth, our 2020 $2 commemorative circulation coin features the iconic art of Haida artist Iljuwas (Bill Reid) (1920-1998).
- INSTANT ADDITION: Each Special Wrap Roll gives you 25 uncirculated versions of the $2 Bill Reid commemorative coin. The coins are all wrapped together in a custom paper wrap that complements the art and makes this a unique collecting experience.
- A COLOUR VERSION: All 25 coins in the Coloured Special Wrap Roll feature the colours of red, white and black, as they appear on Reid's original design. (For engraved-only coins, see our Uncoloured Special Wrap Roll)
- REVERSE DESIGN IS ALWAYS SHOWN: The reverse is visible on one or both ends of each roll.
- A PROUD CELEBRATION OF HAIDA ART AND CULTURE represented by Bill Reid's Xhuwaji, Haida Grizzly Bear design.
The reverse design features Xhuwaji, Haida Grizzly Bear by renowned Haida artist Iljuwas (Bill Reid) on the inner core and extending onto the outer ring. The bear is encircled by a ring and enhanced by colours of red, white and black. On the top portion of the outer ring, two images of a maple leaf appear within the line pattern. A banner at the bottom of the outer ring bears the inscriptions "BILL" and "REID" in honour of the 100th anniversary of the Haida artist's birth, while "2020" is centred between two security marks that consist of a maple leaf within another maple leaf. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.