Coin #3 in the fine silver Lunar Year series! Inspired by Chinese folk art, the whimsical Dragon on this fine silver coin’s reverse is quietly confident and clever—a beautiful representation of the traits associated with those born in the year of the Wood Dragon. The natural leader of the Chinese Zodiac, the Dragon symbolizes strength and fortune. It is known for its ability to make things happen when it focuses its energy, and in a year associated with the Wood element, there is the potential for groundbreaking ideas that bring progress and prosperity.
Quiet, creative and insightful—celebrate the Dragon(s) in your life with this 1 oz. fine silver Year of the Dragon coin.
- Coin #3. Celebrate the Year of the Dragon (2024) with the third coin in a 12-year Lunar Year series, which began with the Year of the Tiger (2022) and features a round coin shape that symbolizes harmony.
- A lucky dragon. This charming keepsake is a great addition to your collection, and the perfect way to honour a friend or loved one born in the Year of the Dragon: 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012 and 2024. It’s also an ideal piece to mark a major milestone in 2024, whether it’s a graduation, wedding or the arrival of a new family member born between February 10, 2024 and January 28, 2025.
- Crafted in 1 oz. 99.99% pure silver. This is our second-most affordable Lunar New Year coin for 2024, the Year of the Dragon.
- Special mintage. Part of a continuing tradition, your limited-edition coin has a special mintage of 28,888.
- Includes serialized certificate. The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- No GST/HST.