Whenever minting technology evolves, the art will inevitably follow suit, and this 99.99% pure silver coin introduces a revolutionary approach to numismatic design.
According to Chinese astrology, 2024 is the year of the Wood Dragon, bringing with it the promise of growth, progress, creativity and good fortune. Framed by a wood pattern on this coin, the powerful Dragon is brought to life by Extraordinarily High Relief (EHR) that lifts the finely detailed relief to an incredible height of 4.7 mm. Our R&D team went one step further, elevating the extraordinary by providing a rear view – also engraved in Extraordinarily High Relief – of that same scene on the coin’s obverse, where the engraving rises up to 3.85 mm to give the Dragon a more three-dimensional form within this two-sided design.
This is Extraordinarily High Relief (EHR) on both sides of the coin, a Mint first that is sure to be one of the highlights of 2024.
Own this two-sided showcase of R&D ingenuity.
- Celebrate the Year of the Wood Dragon. The most revered sign of the Chinese Zodiac, the Dragon comes to life in three-dimensional form on both sides of this coin.
- Elevating the extraordinary. This isn’t just a matter of featuring EHR on each side of the coin: the obverse and reverse form two halves of one design, with the front (reverse) view of the Dragon reaching a peak relief height of 4.7 mm, while the rear view (obverse) rises up to 3.85 mm.
- A lucky dragon. Crafted in 99.99% pure silver with a mirror-like proof finish, this 50 mm coin has a mintage of only 5,388 worldwide.
- Specially designed packaging. Your coin comes in a floating capsule with extra-wide sides that allow for unobstructed front-to-back viewing and a vertical display. It comes in a clamshell with a red beauty box that passes on a blessing for “Good Fortune.”
- Includes serialized certificate. The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- No GST/HST.
Your coin is enclosed in a unique floating capsule designed for vertical viewing, with extra-wide sides to ensure an unobstructed front-to-back view when you hold your coin. It comes in a black clamshell enclosed in an auspicious red beauty box that passes on a blessing for “Good Fortune” in the new year.