Celebrates the Canadian Arctic Expedition of 1913-1918 in fine silver!
In 1913, an international crew of scientists, sailors, guides and crewmen—called the Canadian Arctic Expedition (CAE)—set sail on a remarkable voyage of discovery in Canada's High Arctic. During the five years that followed, their work would touch unprecedented facets of Canada's far-flung northern reaches, including: previously unknown lands and islands, as well as thousands of photographs, artifacts and specimens that offered Canadians a glimpse of life in the Arctic.
Your coin commemorates an important event in the history of Canada! If you are an historian or have friends who are, this coin makes an ideal gift!
• Your coin celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Canadian Arctic Expedition.
• GST/HST exempt and crafted in fine silver (99.99% pure) with a brilliant finish.
• Limited to 20,000 coins worldwide.
Your coin was designed by Canadian artist Bonnie Ross and draws on photography from the Canadian Arctic Expedition. Your coin depicts a group of three men aboard a dogsled, the waiting dog team before them listening for the command to move on across the Arctic tundra. The skyline and horizon behind this portrait are filled with a stylized image of a compass.
• Your coin comes encapsulated and presented in a maroon flock-lined clamshell case.
• Your coin is protected by a black sleeve and accompanied by a serialized certificate—your proof of ownership for this coin and evidence that your coin has been individually inspected by our resident quality assurance specialists.
Order yours today!
- Mintage: 20000
- Composition: 99.99 % pure silver
- Weight (g): 23.17
- Diameter (mm): 36.07
- Edge: serrated
- Certificate: serialized
- Face value: 1 dollar
- Artist: Bonnie Ross (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)