2012 $350 PURE GOLD COIN - SIR ISAAC BROCK, THE HERO OF UPPER CANADA
Thanks to Major General Sir Isaac Brock (1769-1812), Canada was able to develop as a transcontinental nation due to his successful defence of Upper Canada in 1812. Brock’s initiative and bravery immediately made him a hero and was one of the most well-known Canadian military figures of the War of 1812. His actions earned him a knighthood in the Order of Bath and many posthumous accolades, including the formal title “The Hero of Upper Canada.”
If you are collecting War of 1812 coins, then this fine gold coin (99.999% pure) is a wonderful opportunity for you to add to your beautiful historical collection.
• Design of your coin was based on a Sir Isaac Brock half-penny token released in 1816!
• Your fine gold coin is 99.999% pure, the highest standard of fine gold available in the world!
• Your coin was developed with the advice of Dr. Peter N. Moogk, Professor Emeritus (History) at the University of British Columbia and Former President of the Vancouver Numismatic Society (1995-2009).
• GST/HST exempt.
• Limited to 1,000 coins worldwide.
- Mintage: 1000
- Composition: fine gold (99.999% pure)
- Weight (g): 35
- Diameter (mm): 34
- Edge: serrated
- Certificate: serialized
- Face value: 350 dollars
- Artist: RCM engravers (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
Your coin design was taken from a Sir Isaac Brock half-penny token released in 1816. The original image includes two cherubs placing a memorial wreath upon an urn whose monument commemorates the date of Brock’s demise, OBITUS 13 OCT 1812. (The traditional imagery of the wreath, urn and monument signifies “death with honour.”) Two hundred beads were struck around the coin to represent the bicentennial of Sir Isaac Brock’s demise. Raised text reflects the wording of the original, “THE HERO OF UPPER CANADA/SIR ISAAC BROCK,” and is repeated in French: “LE HÉROS DU HAUT-CANADA.”
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint branded maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a black sleeve.