Composition: 99.99% Fine silver
Weight (g)*: 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Artist: Maurice Gervais
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- This stunning coin’s Venetian glass Leopard Frog was handcrafted by master glassmaker Giuliano Donaggio in Murano, Italy.
- Murano glass is renowned for the vibrancy of its clear colours, which beautifully showcases the Leopard Frog’s features in this unique coin.
- This is the fourth coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s sought-after series featuring engraved and painted Canadian flora paired with fauna made from a one-of-a-kind, hand-crafted Venetian glass.
- Certified 99.99% fine silver.
- An impressive gift for nature enthusiasts or conservationists to commemorate a special occasion.
- A spectacular addition to any nature- or Canadiana-themed collection.
Certified to be 99.99% pure silver, this $20 coin measures 38 millimetres and has a metal weight of 31.39 grams. The reverse image by Canadian artist Maurice Gervais features an engraved and painted Yellow Pond Lily (Nuphar variegatum) that occupies the left side of the image field. The blossom is in fool bloom, its outer cup-shaped petals opened to reveal the circular pattern of stamens cradled inside. A stunning, translucent green Leopard Frog made of Venetian glass and hand-crafted by Giuliano Donaggio – a master glassmaker in Murano, Italy – sits upon the engraved and coloured green lily pad leaf in the right portion of the image field. Above it, the face value of “20 DOLLARS” and the year “2014” are engraved, as is the word “CANADA” below it. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.