From sea to sea, Canada in autumn is blanketed with a stunning quilt of brightly coloured foliage. Own this ephemeral moment year-round with a beautifully coloured fine silver coin—the third in the Royal Canadian Mint’s continuing series of coloured and engraved silver coins that celebrate autumn in Canada.
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Artist: Jacky MacDonald
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
- A stunning work of art by Canadian artist Jacky MacDonald in a poignant tribute to nature’s own display of colours.
- A collectible piece of art that skillfully combines the use of colour application with advanced engraving techniques in a remarkable design that integrates the coin’s own silver surface for the engraved steam locomotive.
- Beautiful finishing adds dimension and depth to the composition, and brings this vibrant scene to life.
- Comes with a customized beauty box that features the coin design in full colour.
- A timeless gift to celebrate an autumn birthday, a special moment, or for the lovers of art and nature in your life.
- A striking addition to any collection featuring painting, original artwork, trains, the Canadian landscape, Canadian traditions, or Canadianna.
The reverse image by Canadian artist Jacky MacDonald features a timeless image of autumn in Canada, one that stirs a feeling of wistful nostalgia in its depiction of a beloved, longstanding tradition. Engraved directly into the silver, a classic steam locomotive is seen chugging along the winding, engraved track as a silver cloud of smoke rises up from its chimney. One could almost hear the train whistle echo amidst the tranquility of this forested area, which is ablaze with autumn colours that have been recreated with the use of red, orange and yellow hues of paint. Nature’s breathtaking display surely delights the passengers on-board this leisurely fall foliage train ride, as they roll past the maples and birch trees that dominate this Canadian landscape.