Canada is a land of amazing botanical diversity, yet some of the most popular flowers found in people’s homes and gardens are imports brought here by immigrants from around the world. With time, these beautiful flowers have been woven into the fabric of this nation’s identity and into the everyday lives of its people.
Item Number: 130933
Composition: 99.99% pure silver with niobium
Weight (g)*: 9
Diameter (mm): 8
Face Value: $5
Edge: Interrupted Serrations
Artist: Bert Liverance
Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- First coin in this exciting new series of three flowers found in Canada!
- The niobium core on each coin has been individually oxidized to permanently change the colour of the metal and create a one-of-a-kind effect to showcase the flower.
- Beautifully crafted in 99.99% pure silver, each design has a single flower that has been selectively coloured with niobium and stands against a silver background with unique finishing instructions.
- Give this coin as a creative twist to the floral bouquet. It’s a wonderful piece of art for gardeners and anyone who appreciates the beauty and excitement of springtime tulips!
- Limited to 6,000 coins worldwide— cherish the beauty of Canada’s favourite flowers, and discover the surprising multicultural origins behind them!
The reverse image by Canadian artist Bert Liverance shows a single tulip flower selectively coloured so it stands out from a sea of blooms—a tribute to the welcome sight that graces Canadian gardens from coast to coast each spring. The design is further enhanced by the coin’s oxidized niobium core to create a stunning, one-of-a-kind effect.