E-TRANSFER ONLY ITEM 2016 $250 PURE GOLD COIN A CELEBRATION OF HER MAJESTY'S 90TH BIRTHDAY - LOW MINTAGE
NUMBERED /125 THIS IS AN E-TRANSFER ONLY ITEM. NO CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
On April 21, 2016, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of Canada, will mark her 90th birthday. In celebration of this milestone event, the Royal Canadian Mint has created this outstanding 99.99% pure gold coin that pays tribute to our Queen with a unique design that encompasses rare and elegant symbolism.
Composition: 99.99% pure gold
Weight (g)*: 60.08
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $250
Packaging: Wooden box with graphic beauty box
- An opulent keepsake to mark the historic 90th anniversary for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Our FIRST-EVER gold coin featuring multiple precious stones—a large AAA cabochon emerald and 29 Canadian diamonds!
- A rare, gem-encrusted coin that represents the complex blending of two meticulous disciplines—minting and jewellerymaking.
- Includes a certificate from Sitara authenticating the quality of the diamonds and emerald.
- Expertly crafted in 99.99% fine gold and enhanced with a total 0.90 carats of genuine Canadian diamonds symbolizing The Queen’s 90th year.
- The large cabochon emerald at the coin’s centre completes the design to evoke all the prestige, history and luxury of royal jewels.
- Only 125 coins worldwide—this coin is a numismatic treasure of the highest order and an exceptional collecting opportunity not to be missed!
This coin’s reverse image was inspired by design elements from the Vladimir Tiara that was fashioned from the famous Cambridge Emeralds. Royal Canadian Mint engravers worked in close collaboration with renowned jeweller Steve Thompson (of Thompson S.D. Jewellers Ltd) in order to incorporate precious stones into the minting process. The result is a rare, and meticulously crafted gemstone coin that echoes the tiara’s diamond circles and emerald centers. The tiara’s iconic circular design is further expressed in the delicately engraved motif that forms the coin’s outer ring—a total 90 circles to honour The Queen on her 90th anniversary; a historic celebration that is also highlighted in the coin’s unique double date (1926-2016).