Theme: Birth of the Royal Infant
This charming set of 1 ounce coins delivers a trilogy of heartwarming scenes to express the joy and wonder of the first months with a precious newborn, each designed by Canadian artist Laurie McGaw and expertly crafted in 99.99% pure silver.
- The Royal Canadian Mint pursues the tradition of celebrating Royal events with this delightful keepsake! These beautifully crafted 38mm pure silver coins portray well the unique relation Canada maintains with its Royal Family.
- All 3 designs incorporate maple leaves in the scrollwork, adding a truly Canadian touch to this Royal event. Designs left to right: a baby tucked away in a cradle with all the love and lace typical of a royal nursery; three hands—Mummy’s, Daddy’s and baby’s—touching to form a family bond; a sleeping baby with two plush toys representing iconic symbols of Canada. Each of the three coin designs also feature “2013” to mark the year of this important royal birth.
- This beautiful set is protected in a richly printed beauty box with silver foil, adding a wonderful accent to the artwork.
- With a limited mintage of 7,500 sets worldwide, this prestigious and original keepsake will easily become a cherished heirloom passed down through generations.
- Also available for this momentous event! A $5 fine silver coin with selective gold plating, as well as a 25c cupronickel coin in a premium folder!
Item number: 127248
Face Value: 20 dollars
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Artist: Laurie McGaw
Each coin is encapsulated and encased in a maroon clamshell, lined with black flock at the top and bottom. The clamshell is protected by a uniquely designed beauty box and accompanied by a serialized certificate.
Advertising date: To be confirmed
Launch date: August 13, 2013
Complete Certificate text:
And Baby Makes Three
The announcement that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby in July 2013 threw their adoring public into a frenzy, eager for the exact date and news whether it will be a boy or a girl, and what its name will be. Either way, the royal infant will be third in line to the throne and its birth will be celebrated with all the ceremony befitting a new member of Canada’s Royal Family.
A trilogy of parental delights: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge may have centuries of royal traditions behind them, but as they welcome their firstborn into their arms, their love, devotion and aspirations will be universally linked to the thoughts and emotions that have defined parenthood throughout the ages and around the world.
Sweet dreams: Days and nights revolve around sleep and feedings as baby’s every need becomes paramount. No room has ever commanded as much careful planning as the nursery, where baby’s joy and comfort in this special space fall second only to the room’s outward expression of a parent’s adoration, care and love.
Tender bonds: Little babies are irresistible; the desire to comfort and connect through touch—and the delight when a tiny hand wraps around one’s finger. “Holding hands” will never be the same. With baby, it is far more powerful; a vessel for nurturing the love between parent and child, child and parent, husband and wife, family.
A hopeful future: Every parent struggles with hope and worry when welcoming a newborn. While preparing a child for a future role as monarch may be a daunting task, the open and carefree way babies embrace every new experience serves as a compelling reminder of the unconquerable power of life itself.