Item Number: 132670
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 23.17
Diameter (mm): 36.07
Face Value: $15
Finish: Matte proof
Artist: John Mantha
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
Finished size: 67 mm x 67 mm
- 1st coin in this exciting new series showcasing Canadian exploration and history.
- Celebrate one of the most enduring icons of Canadian history with this 99.99% pure silver coin that captures the thrilling adventure of The Voyageurs life in exhilarating detail.
- A fabulous keepsake that will be cherished by history buffs, outdoor enthusiasts, and anyone with a passion for Canada’s storied past.
- Limited to 15,000 coins worldwide—a highly desirable collectible.
- Explore Canada with this new 10-coin subscription! The coins will be launched monthly from June 2014 to June 2015.
Canadian artist John Mantha has created an energizing design of five men shooting the rapids aboard a birch bark canoe that typified the fur trade. The Native oarsman at the helm represents the inter-cultural alliances that were critical to the fur trade’s success, and the diverse manner of dress among the men illustrates the extent to which The Voyageurs adopted Native ways of life. The treacherous waterway with its rocky outcrops is characteristic of the dangerous terrain The Voyageurs had to navigate; just one of many perils that were ever-present in the wilderness.