SALE - 2014 $20 FINE SILVER COIN BUTTERFLIES OF CANADA - RED-SPOTTED PURPLE
The second coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s Butterflies of Canada series celebrates the beautiful Red-Spotted Purple.
Item Number: 130556
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g):* 31.83
Diameter (mm): 40
Face Value: $20
Artist: Celia Godkin
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom
Lenticular beauty box
- This painted and engraved 99.99% pure silver coin highlights the intense coloration of the Red-Spotted Purple butterfly.
- Celebrate the life and habits of a beloved Canadian insect species, beautifully engraved and painted, with a slight shimmer effect to further enhance its beauty.
- A low mintage of 10,000 coins means that this edition is sure to be sought after by collectors.
- A lovely addition to any collection featuring fine artwork, natural images, native species of Canada, butterflies and other insect species, or Canadiana.
- A thoughtful and valuable gift for nature lovers and art aficionados.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Celia Godkin features a profile portrait of a Red-Spotted Purple drinking nectar from the heart of a Black-Eyed Susan flower. The butterfly, engraved and painted in full glorious colour, is viewed from its right side. The viewer is presented with a lovely view of the Red-Spotted Purple’s under-wing. Here we see the characteristic dark purple-black colouring, with some of the blue iridescence that characterizes most of the upper side of the delicate wing. The light blue-white markings around the wing contrast prettily with the bright red spots that give this butterfly its name. The butterfly stands on top of an engraved Black-Eyed Susan flower, drinking nectar from the flower’s center.