With its striking appearance and remarkable agility along the slopes of the Rocky Mountains, the bighorn sheep is a rugged Canadian icon and an enduring symbol of power and strength. This coloured fine silver coin celebrates a unique species that is native to the alpine landscape of western Canada.
Item Number: 141824
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Artist: Maurade Baynton
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
- This coloured portrait of the Big-Horned Sheep celebrates both the iconic animal and the majestic beauty of western Canada’s alpine landscape.
- The highly detailed, multi-finish background and the use of colour exemplify the Royal Canadian Mint’s internationally renowned artistry and craftsmanship, making this coin a truly collectible piece of art.
- Certified 99.99% pure silver, with limited mintage worldwide.
- A stunning addition to any nature-, wilderness- or Canadiana-themed collection.
- A dazzling gift for outdoor enthusiasts, travellers and collectors alike.
The reverse image by Canadian artist Maurade Baynton features a full-body coloured portrait of a bighorn sheep that captures its beauty and size in a natural setting. With its head turned to the left, the muscular bighorn commands attention with its presence as it stands sure-footed atop a rocky ledge, its balance aided by its unique split-hooves. Detailed engraving brings to life the ringed curved horns, while the use of colour recreates the bighorn’s sandy fur. The brilliant hues of the autumn leaves and the green-coloured landscape add vibrancy and dimension to the engraved background, which is dominated by the Rocky Mountains that tower over the river below.