This exquisite coin is the fifth in the Royal Canadian Mint’s sought-after series Canadian flora paired with fauna both an engraved and coloured design along with a unique one-of-a-kind, hand-crafted Venetian glass element created by a master glassmaker in Murano, Italy.
Item Number: 143220
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Artist: Maurice Gervais
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- This Royal Canadian Mint Coin is the fifth coin in a series that pairs engraved and painted flowers with a beautiful detailed rendering of a creature that is native to Canada’s natural landscape.
- The Venetian glass turtle was handcrafted by master glassmaker Giuliano Donaggio in Murano, Italy.
- Murano glass is world renowned for its vibrant colours, which are perfectly suited to recreate the painted turtle’s own unique colouring.
- A Special addition to your nature or canadiana themed collection
- The design is finely engraved and meticulously presented in a beautiful proof finish (frosted raised elements on a mirror background).
- All previous coins with Venetian glass have sold out quickly!
The reverse design by Canadian artist Maurice Gervais uses colour to recreate the leaves and white flowers of the broadleaf arrowhead (Sagittaria latifolia), which fills the lower portion of the image field. A floating log serves as the perfect sunbathing platform for a Venetian glass version of a painted turtle, which has been handcrafted by master glass-maker Giuliano Donaggio in Murano, Italy.