The seven stars that make up the Big Dipper are arguably one of the most recognized formations in the night sky. They are visible year-round from northern latitudes, and have inspired countless legends around the globe. Many First Nations legends describe the Big Dipper as a great bear who is hunted ceaselessly by three hunters. The second issue in this four-coin series gives the account how the hunters tracked the bear across the earth, and bravely followed it into the sky.
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 31.83
Diameter (mm): 40
Face Value: $25
Artist: Cyril Assiniboine
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
Finished size: 67 mm x 67 mm
- The third coin in this mesmerizing four-coin series!
- Glows in the dark—just like stars! Turn off the lightsand see the stars depicting three hunters in pursuit ofthe great bear magically appear. Innovative glow-in-the-dark technology will not wear out—ever! For besteffect, simply recharge the coin under a light.
- Mesmerizing colour brings the richness of FirstNations traditions to life. It’s easy to imagine thepowerful scene that played out as brave members ofthe Plains Ojibwa band set out to hunt the bearunder a star-filled sky.
- Pure silver starlight! Not all the stars are coloured.Four of them shine with the perfection of 99.99%pure silver to enhance the twinkling sky.
- A wonderful keepsake for star gazers and historybuffs; anyone with a passion for Canada’s richancestral past and its mystifying First Nationstraditions and legends.