SALE - 2016 $20 FINE SILVER COIN CANADIAN LANDSCAPE SERIES - REACHING THE TOP
Mirroring the daily struggles in life, every small step counts while hiking in Canada’s great outdoors. The journey can be fraught with beauty and barriers, triumphs and hardships; but the reward is the deep sense of accomplishment that comes with reaching the top. This fine silver coin is a beautiful celebration of that human spirit, amidst the beauty of Canada’s rugged wilderness.
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 31.83
Diameter (mm): 40
Face Value: $20
Artist: Stéphanie Gauvin
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with standard beauty box
- Reach for the top with this coin! It’s an artistic representation of the challenges we face in our everyday lives and our ability to overcome adversity.
- Fourth and final coin in a series that celebrates some of Canada’s most awe-inspiring landscapes in the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
- The detailed engraving recreates an artist’s touch, while gorgeous colours play with light and shadows in the colourful style of artist Stéphanie Gauvin.
- Beautifully crafted in 99.99% pure silver, this show-stopping coin is a breathtaking collectible piece of art.
- A deeply meaningful way to celebrate a loved one’s achievements or to send a positive message of support and encouragement!
The reverse design by Canadian artist Stéphanie Gauvin features a selectively painted depiction of the view from Idaho Peak in the West Kootenay region of British Columbia. Surrounded by the colourful alpine wildflowers, a hiker stands at the edge of the ridge and contemplates the journey. Selective paint over detailed engraving recreate the breathtaking view overlooking the winding Slocan Lake below, with the Valhalla Mountain Range rising up in the background. The coin’s silver surface recreates the bright glow of the fading mid-summer sun, which bathes the landscape in a warm and colourful glow that transforms the scenery into an artist’s dream.