SALE - 2017 $20 FINE SILVER COIN GLISTENING NORTH: THE ARCTIC WOLF
The arctic wolf (Canis lupus arctos) is well suited to winters in Canada’s Far North, thanks in part to a double-layer coat that insulates it against the cold. The distinctive colouring of its pelt provides effective camouflage and allows our wolf to blend in with its surroundings on this fine silver coin, where diamond glitter re-creates the sparkle of the snow-covered landscape.
Item Number: 160988
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Artist: Maurade Baynton
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- THIRD coin in a series that marks the debut of a NEW TECHNOLOGY: diamond glitter! A dusting of fine diamond particles is carefully applied to ensure even layering over select design elements only. This produces an intensely glittering effect that mimics the light-reflecting qualities of snow and ice!
- Crafted from 99.99% pure silver, this collectible work of art is an artistic ode to Canada’s northern landscapes and wildlife species.
- A mix of traditional engraving, selective colour and cutting-edge technology produces a peaceful winter scene that emphasizes the tranquil beauty of a region known for its harsh climate.
- The diamond glitter is sealed to protect it from the elements and ensure your coin will never lose its sparkle.
- An outstanding addition to any wildlife-, nature-, Arctic- or Canadiana-themed collection, and a cherished keepsake for the art appreciator or nature enthusiast in your life.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Maurade Baynton artfully combines detailed engraving, selective colour and a diamond glitter element to capture a serene moment in Northern Canada. Lying on the frozen ground, an arctic wolf takes a moment to rest its weary head next to its forepaws. This northern hunter is engraved in magnificent detail to capture the uniqueness of its features—including the long fur that keeps it insulated against winter’s chill. Behind the wolf, engraving adds texture to the trees that surround it, while the application of soft colours re-create the hues and shadows of fading daylight. While the landscape slumbers beneath a thick blanket of snow, a sealed layer of fine diamond particles re-creates the effect of snow sparkle on this enchanting winter day in the North.