SALE - 2018 $50 FINE SILVER COIN 30TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE SML
The year 2018 marks the 30th anniversary of our iconic Silver Maple Leaf bullion coin—the standard against which other silver bullion coins are measured. This very special numismatic release includes a Royal Canadian Mint first: incuse-struck images on both sides of the coin.
Item Number: 166457
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight: 94.4 g
Diameter: 55 mm
Face Value: $50
Finish: Reverse Proof
Edge: Interrupted serrations
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- Crafted of 99.99% pure silver, the Silver Maple Leaf is one of the world’s favourite silver coins.
- A very special commemorative numismatic release. This coin commemorates the 30th year of the Silver Maple Leaf bullion coin’s production.
- Our first-ever double-incuse 3 oz. coin. This unique coin also features 30th anniversary edge lettering.
- Double-anniversary subscription packaging. Designed to collect and display both commemorative coins, which pay tribute to the 30th anniversary of the Silver Maple Leaf coin as well as the 40th anniversary of the Gold Maple Leaf coin
- Limited mintage of only 3,000 coins and special anniversary theme means that this coin is sure to sell out quickly.
The reverse features Walter Ott’s iconic maple leaf design from the original Silver Maple Leaf bullion coin release in 1988. The realistic sugar maple leaf is incuse-struck into the surface of the coin. The reverse features the words “CANADA” and “FINE SILVER 3OZ ARGENT PUR” as well as the purity standard of “9999”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt. Her Majesty’s image is incuse-struck. The obverse features the date “2018” and the face value of “50 DOLLARS.” The coin also bears commemorative edge lettering with the number “30” flanked on both sides by a maple leaf.