SALE - 2019 $30 FINE SILVER COIN CANADIAN CANOPY: THE CANADA GOOSE
The second coin in this year’s Canadian Canopy series invites you to step into a maple grove—this time, during Canada’s most colourful season. A proof finish shines like sunlight between the coloured treetops. The gaps in the foliage are also a tribute: they form the shape of a national symbol known for its fall migration and “honking” farewell, which gives us another reason to look up in awe. How many Canada geese do you see in this design?
Item Number 169981
Composition 99.99 % pure silver
Weight (g)* 62.69
Diameter (mm) 50
Face Value $30
Artist Emily Damstra
Packaging Standard maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- A seasonal showcase. Celebrate the beauty of a fall day in Canada with a scene that evokes the sights (and sounds) of the season.
- An immersive viewing experience. The view from the base of the trees pulls the viewer into the scene, and simulates the experience of staring up at the canopy overhead.
- Features a hidden art element. Inspired by the natural phenomenon of crown shyness, the spacing between the treetops reveals a proof silver finish that shines like sunlight. The gaps also create unusual outlines that resemble flying Canadian geese.
- Our second oversized Canopy-themed coin. This is the same size as the first Canadian Canopy coin issued in June 2018. Thanks to their 50 mm diameter, both collectibles are the largest of all our popular canopy-themed coins, which have been issued almost annually since 2013.
- Detailed engraving. Along with the coloured foliage, the engraved tree branches and trunk feature textural details that give them a more life-like appearance.
- One for the nature lover. The size, low mintage and artistic design will appeal to collectors, but the theme also makes it a wonderful gift for outdoor enthusiasts, nature lovers, or anyone with an eye for uplifting art.
The reverse image by artist Emily Damstra showcases the fall beauty of a classic Canadian maple species, the sugar maple (Acer saccharum). The view from the base of the trees offers a unique perspective on the engraved trunks and branches as they reach towards sunlight. Inspired by the natural phenomenon of crown shyness, the gaps in the coloured maple canopy reveal a proof finish and form the outline of Canada geese (Branta canadensis) in flight. The reverse includes the engraved word “CANADA” and the year “2019”. The obverse features the face value “30 DOLLARS” and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.