The bighorn sheep is known for its mighty resolve as it conquers rugged terrain at seemingly impossible heights. The crowned head of Canada’s mountain slopes is the image of strength and resilience on the Zentangle®-inspired reverse, where a finely engraved array of patterns form an exceptionally complex and wildly creative portrait of Ovis canadensis.
Item Number: 169489
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight: 62.69 g
Diameter: 50 mm
Face Value: $30
Artist: Jori Van Der Linde
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- Our THIRD Zentangle® coin is every bit as elaborate and artistic as the two previous ones (the wolf and the owl), which had collectors clamouring for more.
- Illustration meets engraving. Inspired by the popular Zentangle® method of drawing, the design style mixes abstract patterns to form a larger image that has is brought to life by combining relief, engraving and special finishes.
- Tie-in on the obverse. One of the patterns on the reverse is replicated on the obverse, where it fills the field as an added artistic touch.
- Larger canvas, greater details The large diameter perfectly sized to showcase every intricate detail on the reverse, where the engraving shines in an immaculate proof finish.
- Expert craftsmanship and multiple finishes add varying depth and texture to a design that seems to reveal something new with each viewing — especially when viewed through a magnifying glass (not included).
The bighorn sheep lends its likeness to an artistic re-imagining on the reverse, where an original concept by illustrator Jori van der Linde is brought to life by fine engraving and multiple finishes. Inspired by the Zentangle® method of drawing, a captivating combination of abstract patterns adds a sense of texture, depth and creative contrast to this creative portrait, as each motif fills the space within the outline of the sheep’s distinctive curled horns and woolly features. The reverse includes the engraved face value “30 DOLLARS”, the year “2019” and the word “CANADA”. The obverse replicates one of the patterns from the reverse and features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
The Zentangle® Method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. It was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. "Zentangle" is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com.