2011 25-cent Coloured Coin - Black-Capped Chickadee
Clever, Curious Northerner
The Black-capped Chickadee lives in wooded areas in Canada and the northern United States, including Alaska. As a northern resident, it has developed notable thermoregulation abilities and can reduce its body temperature by up to 12 °C to conserve energy on cold nights.
The official bird of New Brunswick enjoys a nesting season running from April to June. Chickadees will usually take residence in tree holes. If they cannot find a natural cavity or abandoned woodpecker nest to live in, they will peck out their own in rotten snags. They will also readily occupy a human-supplied nesting box.
Enjoy the distinct beauty of this faithful northern companion any time with this elegant coloured coin.
Item number: 113230
Face Value: 25 cents
Composition: Nickel plated steel
Diameter (mm): 35
- Birds of Canada theme is here to last due to popular demand.
- The last two coins in the series Goldfinch and Blue Jay sold out quickly.
- This coloured coin showcases a Black-capped Chickadee perched on a branch of a pine tree.
- New! Full colour picture of the Black-capped Chickadee is printed on the Certificate of Authenticity.
- This coin makes a great lasting gift for all occasions!
Coin is encapsulated and presented in a maroon clamshell case lined with flock and protected by a black sleeve.